I have used monitoring charts in areas like Numeracy Certificates, where each child puts a sticker on the chart when they succeed in achieving the necessary score.
What a terrific question Kathryn. It is open ended and allows a lot of scope for your PLG inquiry. Your next steps are to:
1) Actually start. "Ready, steady, go!" 2) Tune in. Key of C please. 3) Find out. Eg. What is assessment anyway? 4) Sort out. Bin it-keep it. 5) Think deeper. Eg. What am I supposed to be doing again? 6) Explain. (Don't forget to include a 2nd language) 7) Action. Get out from your desk and put it all into action. You know the story. 8) Reflect on everything that you didn't do right during the whole process. Make sure you record this on the PLG blog. 9) Record how you've met the professional standards by doing this inquiry on your eportfolio.
I look forward to reading copious updates on how you've been going.
I have used monitoring charts in areas like Numeracy Certificates, where each child puts a sticker on the chart when they succeed in achieving the necessary score.
ReplyDeleteWhat a terrific question Kathryn. It is open ended and allows a lot of scope for your PLG inquiry. Your next steps are to:
ReplyDelete1) Actually start. "Ready, steady, go!"
2) Tune in. Key of C please.
3) Find out. Eg. What is assessment anyway?
4) Sort out. Bin it-keep it.
5) Think deeper. Eg. What am I supposed to be doing again?
6) Explain. (Don't forget to include a 2nd language)
7) Action. Get out from your desk and put it all into action. You know the story.
8) Reflect on everything that you didn't do right during the whole process. Make sure you record this on the PLG blog.
9) Record how you've met the professional standards by doing this inquiry on your eportfolio.
I look forward to reading copious updates on how you've been going.