Tuesday, 9 June 2015

Experimenting with..1.IB trans-disciplinary skills 2. NZ national standards for maths

I've put down two questions because I'm already dabbling in the first one, and I would like to experiment with the second one.  I am not sure what creative assessment procedures are effective / acceptable at BBI for maths and this will help me share with, and learn from, more experienced people.

How can we use the IB trans-disciplinary skills for ongoing assessment and self-assessment in inquiry tasks? How can we link these to the BBI Inquiry Cycle?

Is there a way for students to effectively access and use the New Zealand national standards for maths to identify prior-knowledge, assess progress and or outline next steps?




1 comment:

  1. Yes the most effective way I have found is the use of the AWS maths program which clearly outlines the objectives matching the NZCM and has an easy and accessible format fro student s to assess and self direct their next steps for learning.

    ReplyDelete